A message from Royal Holloway, University of London, in relation to coronavirus
At Royal Holloway, University of London we continue to closely monitor the coronavirus (Covid-19) outbreak and we are following advice from the government and Public Health England, together with guidance from the NHS and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
Following the government’s introduction of social distancing measures and the lockdown in March, the university suspended all face-to-face teaching.
The government has published the UK’s Covid-19 recovery strategy. The updated information means that the university continues to remain partially open only for those students who are still on campus, who we continue to support, and to essential university staff. All public events on campus remain postponed or cancelled at the current time. Where possible, some events and exhibitions are being hosted online.
For the time being, all capital projects and planned construction work has been suspended. As the situation develops, and in line with the government’s direction, we will update our community on any plans to develop our historic estate.
The health and well-being of our students, staff and our community is of utmost importance to us. We are reminding our students and staff that everyone must play their part to help protect themselves and others from coronavirus by adhering to the government’s guidance and advice about coronavirus.
Looking ahead to the start of the new academic year, we are planning for students to arrive on campus as usual in September. However, recognising what is likely to be a sustained period of uncertainty and instability, we are adapting our approach to ensure UK and internationally based students can confidently begin their studies, even if travel restrictions, or other measures to contain the virus, are in place.
- If you are a student and would like more information, please visit the student intranet.
- If you are a member of staff and would like more information, please visit the staff intranet.
- If you are a prospective student applying to Royal Holloway, please visit our Coronavirus: applicant FAQs.
- If you are joining us in September 2020, please visit our Flexible learning 2020/21 FAQs.
- If you are a prospective student thinking about visiting Royal Holloway, please view our visit Royal Holloway pages.