We use cookies on this site. By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. Close this message Find out more

More in this section Immigration and Visas

Immigration and visas

Applying for a tier 4 visa outside the UK

apply for a visa

A step by step guide on how to apply for your tier 4 visa outside the UK including a visa checklist.

Extending your tier 4 visa in the UK

Passports and visas

A step by step guide on how to extend your tier 4 visa in the UK including a visa checklist.

Doctorate extension scheme

RH Grad 2010_069

This scheme is for PhD students who have almost completed their programme. Apply for a Tier 4 visa to allow you to find work or work for 12 months in the UK.

Short term study visa


For students on a programme that is six months or less. For students who need to return to the UK and resit/repeat exams and modules.

Standard visitor visa


Inviting friends and family to visit you in the UK and inviting family for graduation?

Schengen visa

Schengen visa

Visa information for students who wish to travel to Europe.

Lost passport and BRP card

lost passport and BRP

Information on how to apply for a new passport or visa, if your documents have been lost or stolen in the UK and outside the UK and personal safety tips when you travel.

Police registration

police registration

Registering with the police dates and times

Tier 4 dependants


Some Tier 4 (General) students can have family with them in the UK as their dependants. Find out more.

Working during your studies


Work restrictions for Tier 4 students and how to apply for a national insurance number.

Working after your studies


Visa routes and options after you have completed your studies









We're here to give you advice and support. Our services include immigration advice, airport collections, day trips and events as well as guidance with welfare issues to ensure you settle in well to your new life at Royal Holloway.

For more information go on our website


Comment on this page

Did you find the information you were looking for? Is there a broken link or content that needs updating? Let us know so we can improve the page.

Note: If you need further information or have a question that cannot be satisfied by this page, please call our switchboard on +44 (0)1784 434455.

This window will close when you submit your comment.

Add Your Feedback