Internships and placements give graduates the edge in a competitive job market
We can help you improve your employability prospects during your studies by supporting you to build your professional network, and to find internships or placements.
Experiences like this are critical to giving you an advantage in the job market, as increasingly employers are looking for graduates with practical experience as well as academic achievements.
Why should I take on an internship or placement?
Internships and placements can help you to:
- Develop professionalism and increase your confidence
- Apply concepts and theoretical knowledge to actual business situations
- Discover your own strengths and preferences
- Develop 'soft skills', such as teamwork, communication, time management, problem solving and leadership
- Explore your career options whilst networking
- Enhance your CV and be noticed
Internships and summer jobs are a good way to gain some work experience and build your network. You can find out more about internships and opportunities here.
Take a look at these resources to start your search now:
Step - connecting students and graduates with smaller businesses.
Milkround - listings, advice and employer information aimed at students and graduates.
The Careers Group - University of London - for job listings in and around London directed at students studying University of London institutions.