Privacy is a fundamental property required of many cryptographic primitives and protocols. Data privacy has traditionally been considered a pillar for secure designs, and user privacy is an increasingly more sought-after property in a variety of settings.
The study of the notion of privacy in its varying strengths and contexts represents a research area the Cryptography Group focuses on.
Our results have appeared in award-winning papers and range from developing schemes satisfying increasingly stronger notions of data privacy to balancing the need for user privacy with accountability. In certain contexts, such as broadcast encryption and digital signatures, our contributions have pioneered the research on anonymity and incoercibility, a very advanced form of privacy.
- Garms L, Ng S-L, Quaglia E, Traverso G. Anonymity and Rewards in Peer Rating Systems. Journal of Computer Security. 2021 Nov 4;1-57.
- Garms L, Ng S-L, Quaglia E, Traverso G. Anonymity and Rewards in Peer Rating Systems. In Galdi C, Kolesnikov V, editors, Security and Cryptography for Networks: 12th International Conference, SCN 2020, Amalfi, Italy, September 14–16, 2020, Proceedings. Springer. 2020. p. 277-297. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science).
- Khan H, Martin KM. A Survey of Subscription Privacy on the 5G Radio Interface - The Past, Present and Future. Journal of Information Security and Applications. 2020 Aug; 53: 1-17.
- Khan H, Dowling B, Martin K. Identity Confidentiality in 5G Mobile Telephony Systems. In Cremer C, Lehmann A, editors, Security Standardisation Research: 4th International Conference, SSR 2018. Switzerland: Springer, [Cham]. 2018. p. 120-142. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science).
- Garms L, Martin K, Ng S-L. Reputation Schemes for Pervasive Social Networks with Anonymity. In Proceedings of the fifteenth International Conference on Privacy, Security and Trust (PST 2017). IEEE. 2017. p. 1-6.
- Chen L, Li Q, Martin K, Ng S. Private reputation retrieval in public - a privacy-aware announcement scheme for VANETs. IET Information Security . 2017 Jul;11(4):204-210.
- Li Q, Malip A, Ng S-L. A certificateless anonymous authenticated announcement scheme in vehicular ad hoc networks. Security and Communication Networks. 2014 Mar;7(3):588-601.