Skip to main content

Research Council funding

Search Royal Holloway

Research Council funding

UK students are eligible for consideration for Research Council (RCUK) funding.

UK Research Councils don't give studentship awards directly to students but give them to the College, or to a Doctoral Training Partnership (a consortium of universities) of which the College is a member, for allocation.

In the Arts and Social Sciences Faculty, and the Management and Economics Faculty, College scholarships are awarded through the same application process as AHRC and ESRC scholarships so that by applying for a Research Council scholarship you will be automatically considered for a College scholarship.

Students interested in applying for research funding from a Research Council should enquire with their prospective department.

You can find out more on our sources of funding page.


Explore Royal Holloway