The Short Term Study Visa is appropriate if you are attending our Summer School course and you do not intend to remain in the UK to study at the University after this course.
Please note that with a Short Term Study Visa:
- You may not work in the UK whether paid, unpaid or in a voluntary position and this includes Summer School internships
- Once in the UK you cannot extend your visa to continue your studies and you cannot apply to change your status for an alternative visa
- You cannot bring dependants (spouse/children) with you
How to apply for a Short Term Study Visa
Visa requirements vary according to your nationality. To enter the UK your nationality is either a Visa National or a Non-Visa National.
To find out if you are a Visa National or a Non-Visa National, please refer to the country lists via the link below, Appendix 2 lists visa national countries
- Visa Nationals: If your nationality is listed in the Appendix 2, you must obtain your Student Term Study Visa before leaving your home country.
- Non-Visa Nationals (EEA or Swiss Nationals): If your nationality is not listed in the Appendix 2, you will need to enter the UK as a short term study visitor when you arrive through UK immigration without arranging a visa in advance. It is very important that you do so by travelling directly into the UK from outside the Common Travel Area - for example, if you connect to London through the Republic of Ireland, you will not meet full UK immigration control on the way into the UK and will not be able to arrange the correct endorsement in your passport.
If you are a non-visa national and decide to arrive directly into the UK from outside of the Common Travel Area and seek a Short Term Study Visitor Visa stamp on entry to the country, you will need to show
- Your original offer letter
- Financial evidence to show that you can support yourself and pay for your studies
- Evidence that you intend to leave the UK at the end of your studies
Please also ensure that you are stamped in on a short term study visa by an immigration officer and do not use the e gates as your passport will not be stamped.
Should you have any questions please email us at email@example.com