Our study skills sessions get students better prepared for the demands of university. They can be tailored to meet your requirements. We can either come to your school or college, or host them at Royal Holloway.
To book a talk, email: email@example.com
- Get an overview of the different research methods students can use within their work.
- Understand the value and use of research skills
Referencing and plagiarism
- Learn how to cite other people’s work and how to create a reference list or bibliography.
- Learn about plagiarism and how to avoid it with correct referencing.
- Understand the importance of identifying relevant information to evaluate text.
- Develop and enhance your ability to critically assess information and develop reasoned arguments.
Arguing your point
- Learn the art of argumentative writing.
- Practice the relationship between claims, reasons and evidence, and analyse an author’s use of argument in a text.
- Learn to recognise argumentative techniques in a variety of texts.
- Learn to formulate an argument with a claim and counter-claim
- This interactive workshop looks at what reflective writing is and why it’s important
- Identify the characteristics and forms of reflective writing.
- Learn how to find the resources needed to support your reflective writing
- Exploring different revision methods and how to manage stress and anxiety.
- Students will be able to use a variety of revision techniques.