We understand the vital role teachers and advisers play in your students’ journey to university. We are here to support you and to try and free up your time by offering a range of talks and workshops for your students. From time to time we will also offer Continuing Professional Development sessions to help keep you academically up to date.
Understanding the university application cycle
Get help supporting your students with their university application decisions. Our Schools Liaison Team has created a course for teachers who help and advise students with university choices and the application process.
The course covers:
- How to choose a degree and university
- Personal statements and what admissions tutors look for in an application
- What happens next - Applicant Visit Days, choosing a firm and insurance option, student finance and accommodation.
- Last minute jitters - how to support students with exam stress, revision and results day
We also have an Understanding the university application cycle handout which contains ten tasks you can use with your students to help familiarise them with the application process.
UCAS and writing references
In this talk, one of our team will visit your school and give teachers advice on:
- Writing references for UCAS, as well as guiding students through the process.
- Writing personal statements and what universities want to read.
- What content admissions tutors are looking for in a UCAS reference.
For parents: An introduction to university
- An overview of university, the application process, student finance and student life.
- Understand how to support their son or daughter through each step of the UCAS process.
To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org