Skip to main content

International Exchange

Search Royal Holloway

International Exchange

We welcome international students who want to join us for part of their studies under our International Exchange programme.

What is International Exchange?

Royal Holloway has full student exchange agreements with a number of top universities world-wide allowing international students to join us for up to a year.

Studying abroad will give you the chance to experience a different academic system and often a very different way of life while still earning credit towards a degree at your home university.

Who is eligible for International Exchange?

We can only accept applications from students studying at universities that have an exchange agreement with us. Find out if your university is one of our international exchange partners.

If your home university doesn’t have an exchange agreement with us, you may still be able to join us under our Study Abroad programme.

How do I apply?

  • You will need to direct your application through the Student Exchange Co-ordinator at your own university.
  • International exchange places are often limited and you may find that your university handles applications on a competitive basis.
  • See our step-by-step guide for more information.

What about accommodation?

You are eligible for campus accommodation but should make sure you apply before the deadline. You have two options:

  • Self-catering accommodation. You’ll have the use of a shared kitchen so you can cook your own meals.
  • Catered accommodation, with meals provided on a pay-as-you-go basis. Catered Halls have small pantries so you can prepare hot drinks and snacks.

All rooms have internet access and most are single-occupancy. Many have their own en-suite shower room. See our accommodation pages for more information. For accommodation queries, email: 

We’ll help you settle in

The dedicated support is one of the reasons why so many students choose to come to Royal Holloway on an international exchange.

Current Royal Holloway students

If you’re a current Royal Holloway student, you too can study abroad. You can spend up to a year at a university in Europe or further afield, depending on which option you choose. Find out more.

Contact us

Need help filling in your online application? Not sure about something? Contact us at We’re here to help.

Explore Royal Holloway