Skip to main content

International summer opportunities

Search Royal Holloway

International summer opportunities

An international summer school can be a great way of experiencing study abroad if you don’t want to spend a whole year abroad or have been unsuccessful in an exchange application.

Who offers summer schools?

As part of our international exchange programme, students can apply for a summer school at the following three institutions:

  •  Korea University, South Korea
  •  Shanghai International Studies University (SISU), P.R.China 
  •  Universidad de las Américas Puebla (UDLAP), Mexico 

In addition, many of our International exchange and Erasmus+ partners offer summer schools, though you'll need to apply for these programmes independently. To register interest or to find out more information about any of these options, email or come to the Study Abroad Fair in October.

Will a summer school count towards my Passport Award?

You’ll receive 20 passport points from the Centre for the Development of Academic Skills (CeDAS) if you study at a summer school run by one of our partner universities.

See here for more information on the Passport Award.

How do I apply for an International Summer School

You need to apply for these programmes independently, if it is not one of our International Exchange Summer School partners. Information about the independent Summer School programmes is published on our Facebook and Twitter pages and applications for International Exchange partners are open mid November.

You will need to cover any tuition and accommodation costs yourself if you apply independently.

If your application is successful, please inform

Contact us

Got a query? Email

Explore Royal Holloway