As a School, we continue to build on our legacy of social science-based research, with a focus on critical, ethical, political-economic and international/comparative approaches to management and organisation.
Our research vision is to be:
“Renowned internationally for agenda-setting research on management and organisation theory, policy and practice that seeks to foster a more equitable, responsible, resilient, and sustainable economy and society”.
To deliver on our shared research strategy the School has a tripartite structure for research and impact generation. These are:
1) Five Discipline-Based Research Departments
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Human Resource Management and Organisational Studies
- Strategy, International Business and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Innovation and Management
2) Three Research Centres
- Centre for Research into Sustainability (CRIS)
- Digital Organisation and Society (DOS)
- Centre for Critical and Historical Research on Organisations and Society (CHRONOS)
3) Two Research Groups
- Intercultural and International Perspectives on Management (IIPM)
- Knowledge and Organisational Learning (KOL)