Skip to main content

Private housing

Search Royal Holloway

Finding a place off campus

You can live in private housing near our campus. There are flats and houses to rent in Egham, in nearby Englefield Green or in the neighbouring towns of Windsor and Staines-upon-Thames.

If you choose private housing, it’s owned and managed by a private landlord, not Royal Holloway. You’ll need to sign a contract between you and the landlord and pay a deposit, normally six weeks’ rent.

We don’t have agreements with letting agencies and it’s your responsibility to view private sector housing yourself and decide if it’s right for you. We can’t guarantee the condition, safety or suitability of the housing, but our Community, Wellbeing and Student Outreach team can help you settle in and help you solve any problems.

We also liaise with local residents and community partners to make sure Royal Holloway students are welcomed into the neighbourhood.

Explore Royal Holloway