These three scholarships are awarded to new full-time or part-time students with Home/EU fee status who are studying for a degree within one of the academic departments listed below.
They are funded by the alumni and friends of Bedford College, one of the founding colleges of Royal Holloway and Bedford New College. Formed in 2013, the Bedford Society aims to ensure the spirit of Bedford College lives on by providing new scholars with access to financial support and opportunities for networking.
Scholarships are offered as a tuition fee reduction of £7,000.
Am I eligible?
You must have achieved, or be on target to achieve, a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
You must be a Home/EU student with a conditional or unconditional offer to study a course within:
- Department of Classics
- Department of English
- Department of History
- Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures
- Department of Economics
- Department of Law and Criminology
- Department of Politics, International Relations and Philosophy
- Department of Social Work
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Earth Sciences
- Department of Geography
- Department of Psychology
How do I apply?
You must apply via Royal Holloway Direct.
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 June, 2020 at 11.59pm BST. We will let you know the outcome of your application from 15 July, 2020 onwards.
You must provide a supporting statement of no more than 400 words, which should include:
- Academic achievements you are particularly proud of and why these really matter to you.
- Why you have chosen to do the degree you have applied for.
- What your future aspirations are and how the scholarship will help you to achieve your future goals.
- It should also demonstrate an enthusiastic and authentic spirit of enquiry and indicate clearly how this scholarship would help you share and advance knowledge of future generations.
Your statement will be judged on how effectively and convincingly you respond to the above.
Terms and conditions
Only students applying to study for their first Masters degree will be considered for this scholarship.
Where an award is made to applicants on a two-year Masters course, no additional payment or tuition fee remission is offered in the second year of a two-year Masters degree.
Read our full terms and conditions.