At Royal Holloway we’re united in our response to the climate and biodiversity crises.
Royal Holloway declared a climate emergency in 2019 and our first Environmental Sustainability Strategy was launched in 2022.
Our strategy outlines what we are already delivering and what targets and aspirations we have, including our commitment to:
- Achieve Net Zero carbon for Scopes 1 and 2 by not later than 2035, without offsetting, for the vast majority of our estate and 2040 for our Grade 1 listed buildings.
- Develop a fully integrated Sustainable Travel & Transport plan by the end of 2025.
- Increase access to extra-curricular environmental sustainability activities and ensure all students have the opportunity to complete Carbon Literacy training.
- Increase the number of PhD students active in Environmental Sustainability fields.
- Align our teaching and research with the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.