The Graduate Outcomes survey is a new national survey which will capture information about graduate activities and perspectives 15 months after you complete your studies.
Responses to the Graduate Outcomes survey will be crucial in allowing current and future students to make informed choices about where they study and which course they choose. The survey will also help Royal Holloway and universities across the UK to evaluate and develop our courses.
Key things to know:
- The Graduate Outcomes survey is a national survey capturing information about the activities and perspectives of graduates.
- You will be contacted 15 months after finishing your studies.
- You will receive an email inviting you to complete the survey online. If you don't respond you will be called and asked to complete the survey over the phone.
- Your responses will help current and future students gain insight into career destinations and development.
- Your answers will shape the future of Royal Holloway.
Have your say, Update your details!
Your response to the Graduate Outcomes survey will have a real impact at Royal Holloway and will help future students make the most of their time at university.
Visit royalholloway.ac.uk/update to update your details and make sure you have your say!
When will I be surveyed?
You will be contacted roughly 15 months after finishing your studies. See the table below to see which cohort you are in:
|Survey||End of Study Period||Survey Period|
|Cohort A||1 August 2017 - 31 October 2017||1 December 2018 - 28 February 2019|
|Cohort B||1 November 2017 - 31 January 2018||1 March 2019 - 31 May 2019|
|Cohort C||1 February 2018 - 30 April 2018||1 June 2019 - 31 August 2019|
|Cohort D||1 May 2018 - 31 July 2018||1 September 2019 - 30 November 2019|
How will I be surveyed?
If you finished a course after 1 August 2017 you will receive an email inviting you to take part in the survey roughly 15 months after your course end date. If you do not respond to the email you may also be contacted by phone. You can update your contact details here.
Survey responses for all UK universities will be collected by an independent body appointed by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA).
You will receive an email inviting you to take part in the survey. If you fall into Cohort A this email will be sent on Monday 3 December and will come from email@example.com.
If you don't respond to the email HESA will contact you by phone and/or text.
Why should I answer the survey?
The lives and achievements of alumni have shaped Royal Holloway for over 100 years. This survey gives you the chance to join those that have come before you to have your say ensuring your future impacts the future of the University.
Whatever you have gone on to do since leaving Royal Holloway your responses are important and will:
- Help current and future students gain insight into potential career destinations and development
- Help the University and your department to evaluate and develop their courses
- Allow higher education providers, policy makers, charities, journalists, researchers, and others, to understand the higher education sector and the graduate labour market
- Influence university league tables and other rankings
All responses to the survey will be anonymous.
Where can I find more information?
If you have any questions about the Graduate Outcomes survey you can contact David Hannaby, Alumni Relations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0) 1784 443 886.
Alternatively, you can find more information on HESAs website here.
Need help with your next steps? Find out more about the careers support available to you here.
Our Careers & Employability Service is available to support you for two years after you’ve graduated. You can book an in-person meeting, or if you prefer we can arrange appointments via phone or Skype.
Just call 01784 443073 or email email@example.com to book a slot.