Whilst you’re living in Halls, we want to make sure that it’s a pleasant and safe experience for everyone. It’s really important that you read the terms and conditions before you accept your accommodation offer.
There’s also a handy guide to Living in Halls.
Terms and Conditions
- Terms and Conditions 2024/25 (coming soon)
- Terms and Conditions 2023/24 (published 23 January 2023)
Accommodation Allocation Policy
- Student Accommodation Allocation Policy 2024/25 (coming soon)
- Student Accommodation Allocation Policy 2023/24 (published 23 January 2023)
Moving or Swapping Rooms
- Moving, Swapping Rooms and Contract Transfers Guidance 2024/25 (coming soon)
- Moving, Swapping Rooms and Contract Transfers Guidance 2023/24
Accommodation Guest Policy
- Please read the Fire Regulations on your bedroom door as soon as you move in.
- You must keep the fire doors closed.
- Cooking is only allowed in the kitchens and pantries. Smoke and steam will set off the alarms in the bedrooms.
- You must evacuate the building if you hear the alarm.
- There is no smoking anywhere in the Halls of Residence.
- Misuse of fire equipment or fire alarms is a criminal offence and will lead to disciplinary action including fines of £500 and/or leaving the Halls of Residence.
- We’ll test the fire alarm every week and there’s a fire drill once a year.
Health and safety
We meet all health and safety regulations and the Universities United Kingdom Codes of Practice, also known as the Student Accommodation Code. The risk assessment for Halls is currently under review and will be available shortly.