Watch international sport or keep fit with a host of available activities in the local area.
If you love keeping fit or if watching live action is more your thing, then Royal Holloway is perfectly placed for all your sporting needs. As well as an on-campus sports centre, gym, pitches and courts, there's a leisure centre with 25-metre swimming pool in Egham, plenty of watersport opportunities on the Thames and local reservoirs and lakes and nearby golf courses. Meanwhile, you can support international teams at easily accessible national sports venues.
Here are some ideas of where to play or watch sport in the local area:
- International rugby at Twickenham
- Tennis at Wimbledon
- Horse racing at Ascot
- Football at Wembley and other Premier League clubs in London
- Swimming and other sporting activities at Egham Orbit Leisure Centre
- Golfing at nearby courses, and Topgolf Surrey in Addlestone
- Rowing on the Thames
- Sailing in Surrey (including Chertsey and Staines)
- On-campus sports centre, gym, pitches and courts
- Clubs on campus for recreational and competitive sport